Monday, October 17, 2011

Infrared Photoshop Tutorials (Online)

Copyright Miles Nitz
So I decided to try my hand at doing some "infrared"-esk work on some older images of mine. I found a couple of tutorials online and most of them I don't think understood what infrared actually looked like. So I provided an image from my friend Miles from when he shot some infrared of my friend Jessica.  That story aside, I am probably going to do a good tutorial on how to provide a good infrared tutorial or technique.


Tutorial number 1 was the first online black and white tutorial that I found and I originally thought it worked pretty well even though there are a couple of things I could fix or make it a bit better. The normal black and white green channel is on the right while the edited green channel is on the left. So you can see the effect of the editing.





Tutorial number 2 started in color so I was wondering where they might go with this edit. Thankfully they popped it into black and white via the channel mixer. It matches up pretty well but it probably could be improved a bit more to make it look more (tonally) like the image Miles took. So in the near future be prepared you photoheads for a small tutorial I will make about doing an infrared process. It probably will be about as complicated as the layers on the right of Tutorial #2 but it won't be too horribly complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I see you there! Tell me what you think!