Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Canon sx230


 Over the holiday season I acquired a canon powershot sx230, this nifty little camera has my favorite manual features like my 50D which is why instead of a horrible look of dismay I actually enjoy the small camera. For the people who don't know about it it has a 14x optical zoom from the 28mm lens. It also goes to ISO 3200 with an optical image stabilizer. It also has 1080p video all in one compact little body. This thing is great for taking out on the streets with out lugging my huge 50d around and the quality is stellar. The two images I brought along with this entry are taken from that camera.  Honestly I am impressed, the only thing I wish it did that it doesn't is high speed synch with it's flash but that shouldn't be expected out side of an external flash unit!

The camera also has a toy camera feature and a couple of other neat things on it that I will also make posts about examining them a bit further. The only huge downside is if I want to grab that underwater case that canon makes for it. Since that case is priced around 300 USD it might be quite some time before I take a camera underwater with me.  I might grab the case in the summer though if  the money and weather let me swim in the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I see you there! Tell me what you think!