Thursday, January 31, 2013

Garage Project

 So recently I started to clean out my garage, this small undertaking was mainly done so I would stop getting parking tickets for being in my own driveway and it turned out into something a little bit cooler than that. For the readers who don't know I live in a condo in San Francisco which has been around for ages. The garage has essentially just been a storage place for things for probably the past fifty or so years easy. So there is just tons of stuff and a lot of garbage in it. Which will be recycled, thrown away and possibly sold.

Which is all good and dandy but before that I wanted to catalog some of the items and play around with lighting a little bit since I haven't been able to use my alien bee strobe as much as I have been wanting to. All the images were shot at f/22 as well which I have been on the total opposite side of the spectrum playing with f/1.4 - f/2 for the past 4 months or so. I figured this would be a good exercise as well to remind me to not niche myself so frequently just because I like a certain look.

Which since I did that I am happy with how these have turned out so far. I am still going to do more when I have more space for some larger items but the surroundings of these with the straight clarity but still looking like there is a small bit of depth of field is pretty awesome in my opinion. These aren't super refined though as the horizons could be a level and there are some hot spots on the paint brush but beyond minor refinement and looking at just the ascetic I really appreciate the look this has brought.

So beyond expanding on this project I will also be applying this to portraits as well and I might be going to an extreme with it. I am not too sure since the idea flow for portraits is a lot different than going with something as simple as looking at some forgotten tools and cleaning supplies from my garage. I do have more access to some more models now, which the next one might be used in an upcoming shoot soon. It will probably be something silly but I need to go to the idea book and figure out some stuff before badgering them to do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I see you there! Tell me what you think!