Friday, January 11, 2013

Critical Bliss


Here are a couple of images from the Critical Bliss concert last night at Martuni's martini bar. It was a great night out and one of the few reasons I still venture to downtown San Francisco. I probably should get out more than just work and random excursions but I am very happy where I am currently and until I pick up my car from Arizona next Tuesday I will probably just be day dreaming about a warm beach. Anyway this post specifically will be about the 50mm 1.4 Canon lens.

If I had to give it a rating it would be game of the year. The lens itself is solid, unlike the f/1.8 which makes it a good deal heavier but at triple the cost it damn well better be. The lens performance is also a lot higher than the f/1.8 and since it has eight leafs in its aperture the backgrounds are a lot creamier looking. That sounds crazy, it looks like a more realistic blur. Anyway the blur looks a lot better. It is one of the things that you wouldn't expect to make a big difference but it really does. It is easily seen in the out of focus highlights though. Crazy lens though, it will become my kit lens on the 5d Mark 3 to replace the 35mm lens I use all the time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I see you there! Tell me what you think!